Monday, June 09, 2003

Some of you may recall that Sarah surprised me with a trip to Deetjen's Big Sur Inn on the occasion of my 36th birthday back in March. Some of you might also recall that upon our return I hinted there might be some photos from that excursion forthcoming.

Well, here we are making our way into mid June and I finally have a few of the 27 photos we snapped to share with the world and, of course you. Why has it taken so long to post these tiny glimpses of California coastal beauty? That, my friends, is a dull story and one I shan't tell here. The hero, or heroine, of that story is the office manager at my place of employment who graciously scanned the photos below.



- Sarah in front of Deetjen's Big Sur Inn (taken from across Highway 1) -




- Sarah sitting at The Bench, a favorite spot overlooking the Pacific behind Deetjen's. Note the Century Plant penetrating the air - the only time we have seen this plant blossom in the 13 years we have been visiting Deetjen's together. No surprise there as it is called a Century Plant for a reason. -




- A View from The Bench -




- A view through windchimes from the patio of The Phoenix shop at Nepenthe on Highway 1 -

No comments: