Sunday, June 22, 2003

The following all took form this past Friday afternoon (6/20/03) in the space of a single hour, the first entries in my haiku journal since the 11th. The dry spell in my journal is hardly surprising considering the bad weather blowing around my skull of late.

Downtown San Francisco (from the 38 Geary)

Cigarette in hand
She stands talking to the trees.
Do they reply?


***

my ears enchanted
(lord knows he's a voodoo chile!)
electric mojo


-for Jimi-

***

Old man with a leash -
at the other end a boy
kicking windfall nuts.


The journal has a title now:

The Jewel In The Moment, random observations in haikuish

Haikuish is Sarah's word, Sarah speak if you will for what I have referred to as haiku inspired forms.

Haiku written in English is not haiku. It is, however, haikuish.