Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Well, I'm on the other side of 36 now and, truth be told, it doesn't feel any different from 35.

Thanks to all of you out there in the blogosphere who wished me a happy birthday (including the formerly unknown blogger called Cleophas over at Fresh and Juicy who found me via the Globe of Blogs birthday listing and dropped a line full of birthday cheer into my in-box).

My Big Sur birthday get-a-way was a delight but, despite the timeless nature of the place, the hours passed too quickly and I now find myself right smack dab in the middle of the work week with our stay at Deetjen's Big Sur Inn fading like a dream into memory. We easily exhausted a 27 exposure disposable camera on the scenery, however, so I may have some pictures of that dream to share in this space soon. Assuming, of course, that any of the shots we snapped develop. Not that photos do any kind of justice to the grand geography of the place or it's quiet, holy spirit. Still, we tried.

No comments: