Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.


- Eddie Hazel, George Clinton, Maggot Brain -

The shit is rising faster than I am, I fear. The sick brown tide bubbling just below the pulsing chambers of my heart even as I type. Not mine alone, though. I can tell by the smell that this is the dark expulsion of a World gone mad with bad dreams.

We must all taste those maggots in the mind of the Universe to move beyond them. But too many have lingered at the squirming table, making a meal of grubs. Nightmares result from this too rich repast and bad air.

Do you smell it too?

Don't be offended.

Make of yourself a light.

Shine and rise above the reek, if you can.
If not, hold on tight.

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time, as the man said.
Things are likely to shake a bit when the contractions hit.

No comments: