Tuesday, March 05, 2002

My bladder woke me up this morning in the lonely hours before dawn and I have been awake since. Usually, I sleep like a dead man and, while nocturnal calls of nature might rouse me they seldom disturb my slumber for long. This morning, however, I find my mind occupied by a poem that is trying to take shape. Actually it is an old poem trying to take a new shape. I have typed a beginning, at least, into an MS Word document. I will work with it later - see if the words are going to cooperate and fall into place or if this particular piece is going to be a problem child in need of spanking and stern discipline in order to find it's form.

I turned 35 yesterday (thanks to Anita and Elaine for the birthday wishes). I was glad to spend the day with Sarah before she travels again. We occupied our time in small ways, mainly. In the evening I was treated by my beloved to a ritual bath and body rub. Ahhhhhhh. . .

Looking at Sarah yesterday, I was amazed that after nearly 13 years together I can gaze into her luminous eyes and find myself transported to a world of love and wonder just as I did in the early days of our relationship. True Love, Real Love as I have known through Sarah has brought me closer to God - to a Love that reaches beyond the unit that is us to all of humanity and creation. I wish everyone could experience this transforming power. I count myself fortunate to have found, in all this wide and spinning world, the one person who could bring it to me.

No comments: