Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Bush Says War Protesters Won't Deter Him

Despite heavy opposition at the United Nations and protests around the world, the Bush administration appeared ready to push ahead this week for a new Security Council resolution that could open the way for war.

Bush said that the size of the protests against a possible U.S.-led war against Iraq was irrelevant.

"Just like the votes of all those saps who voted for Gore in 2000", chuckled the president to an aid. Except, of course, that he did not use the word irrelevant because he would have stumbled and hurt himself over those four big syllables.

Our fearless leader then went on to say:

"You know, I � war is my last choice."

Your last choice, Mr. President? Is that why you have just sent an additional 28,000 troops to the Gulf region to join the tens of thousands who have been there for some months already?

George W. again:

"I owe it to the American people to secure this country. I will do so."

Unless he's talking about resigning the office of President, we are all a very long way from security. I believe old George Jr. misspoke. What he meant to say, no doubt, was:

"I owe it to myself and the wealthy interests that have bankrolled me to secure that country's (Iraq) oil. I will do so"

No comments: