Sunday, March 17, 2002

The List

I have just recently discovered Mike Golby over @ PageCount and, after reading a few of his epic posts, have added him to my roll. I know I am not the first to muse about this, nor will I be the last, but just what criteria does one use to decide who will be added to one's roll? This is a stupid question, of course, because it is a completely subjective one. The blogs that I have added to my (currently) short list are blogs that have in some way resonated with me. There are blogs that I enjoy - such as Ghost Rocket and Quiddity - primarily for the news/entertainment links they provide. Then there are those that, through the words of their authors, engage my mind and stir the "little grey cells" a bit, as Hercule Poirot would say. Among the latter I would include OnePotMeal , Kalilily and, most recently, PageCount . Others fall in between and all around these two types.

In the short time I have been blogging I have gotten in the habit of reading all of the blogs on my roll regularly, if not daily. I experience, when link surfing here in the blog community, much the same feeling that typically engulfs me in a bookstore or library - namely the "so many books, so little time" syndrome. Time is a precious commodity and, because I only have so much of it that I can allot to blog reading and writing (I have a wife to love, books to read, a job to hold down in the real world), I choose to be selective about the blogs included on my roll; especially because I prefer to give those blogs the attention they deserve when I am checking in.

Still, if I happen upon your blog and it speaks to me in the ill defined way I have mentioned above, you may just find yourself linked.

No comments: